pour le Sud
wich means Added value
for the South in French
KIMVAS is the union between an Ivorian cooperative and a Belgian chocolate maker, to create more added value for the South.
An investment of over a million euros in the heart of the Ivorian plantations in the town of Daloa.
FONDATION ROI BAUDOUIN
The impact of the KIMVAS project
1. 50% reduction in South/North transport.
2. 10% (70 tonnes) of cocoa shells recovered as fertiliser.
3. Elimination of phytosanitary treatments in containers.
4. Reforestation with shade and income-generating trees.
and income-generating trees.
5. Use of solar energy by the Kimvas factory
to limit the use of fossil fuels.
1. 8 jobs created
2. Training/creation of skills in industrial processes
At the same time,
960 growers are converting to organic production and will benefit from increased income thanks to the organic price (which is more than double the conventional price).
Impact of the cocoa direct programme
1. Children at school (stop child labour)
2. Income diversification
3. Empowerment of women (development of micro-enterprise initiatives)
4. Creation of benches for schools.